Developing Life-Long Followers of Jesus
Reality Student Ministry is built around the desire to see students become fully-devoted followers of Jesus for life. We want to do more than teach or entertain. We want to form real and lasting relationships with students that create an environment for true and lasting discipleship. The foundation of Reality Student Ministry is comprised of 12 truth statements we call the 12 Realities.
The 12 Realities
- A Personal Relationship with Jesus Christ - John 14:6 ~ Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one can come to the father except through me."
- Good Self-Esteem - 1 Peter 2: 9-10 ~ But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you have received mercy
- Time With God Daily - Psalm 55:17 ~ Morning, noon, and night, I plead aloud in my distress, and the Lord hears my voice.
- Understand Biblical Truths - I Timothy 2:15 ~ Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
- Wise Decisions - James 1:5 ~ If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
- Sexually Pure - 1 Corinthians 6:18 ~ Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.
- Healthy Relationships - Proverbs 13:20 ~ He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.
- Share Your Faith - Mark 1:38 ~ Jesus replied, "Let us go somewhere else--to the nearby villages--so I can preach there also. That is why I have come."
- Honor Authority - Romans 13:1-2 ~ Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.
- Focus On Others - Philippians 2:3 ~ Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.
- Find Your Ministry - 2 Corinthians 9:12 ~ This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God.
- Become Leaders - Matthew 20:26 ~ But among you it should be quite different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant.